In the spectacular photo book Greenlandic Seasons, the photographer and writer Bo Normander invites the reader to explore the diversity of nature and climate in a unique part of the Arctic.
The Disko Bay Area on the west coast of Greenland is at the heart of a unique and spectacular Arctic environment. The traveller will experience rising mountains, rushing streams, lush shrublands, and calving glaciers, pushing giant chunks of ice into the sea.
Roughly one fourth of Greenland’s population lives in the Disko Bay Area. The area is known not only for its natural beauty and the many icebergs, but also as a hub for the global climate debate, as climate change is particularly visible here with rising temperatures and increased melting of the
Greenland ice sheet.
With this book in hand, the reader gets an exclusive insight into Greenland’s nature and climate across the changing seasons and with a look into the changes likely to happen in the near future.
Facts about the book:
- 192 pages
- 144 colour photographs
- 10 designed maps and illustrations
- 3 languages: English, Danish, Greenlandic
- Sewn softcover with flaps
- Weight: 1000 g
- Measure: 26,5 cm x 22,8 cm
- Price: DKK 275 including shipping in Denmark and Greenland, and DKK 300 for shipping abroad – order here
- ISBN: 978-87-999180-0-3
- Published by: Nature & Environment Publishers 2016
Table of contents:
- ARCTIC NATURE
- A CHANGING CLIMATE
- WORLD HERITAGE IN ILULISSAT
- DISKO – THE VOLCANIC ISLAND
- SEA, SUN, AND SAND – THE ARCTIC SUMMER
- COLD, SNOW, AND ICE – THE ARCTIC WINTER
- HUMAN AND NATURE
- SETTLEMENT LIFE
- THE FUTURE OF DISKO
- THANK YOU
- SOURCES AND RECOMMENDED LITERATURE
The book is supported by:
HOTEL ARCTIC – WORLD OF GREENLAND – GRØNLANDSBANKEN – BANKNORDIK – HOTEL ICEFIORD – ICECAP TOURS